An Apprenticeship is a work-based programme of study designed for you to develop the skills and knowledge of the industry or job role you have chosen to start your career in. Working practically and understanding the theory behind the industry. You will be paid, at least, the National Minimum Wage for an Apprentice which is £3.70 p/hour (rising to £3.90 per hour from April 2019) and work a minimum of 30 hours per week to a maximum of 40.
Is an Apprenticeship right for me?
You could be suitable if you are
- Aged over 16 (and have officially left school or full time education)
- Able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week*
- Not currently completing another form of government funded qualifications
- Able to accept the National Minimum wage for an Apprentice of £3.70 p/hour (rising to £3.90 per hour from April 2019).
What will I gain?
Develop Maths and English
- Work towards the Level 1 or Level 2 English and Maths Functional Skills Qualification
- Enhance your CV and overall employability
- Upskilling competencies within English or Maths or both
- One to One support available to support all levels
Valuable Work Experience
- Work experience with an employer
- Develop team working skills
- Experience of working in a professional environment
- Developing interpersonal skills
- Enhance job readiness and employability
Earn as you learn
- Earning a minimum of £3.70 p/hour (rising to £3.90 per hour from April 2019)
- Working 30- 40 hours per week (reduced hour are accepted in certain circumstances)
The apprenticeship national minimum wage applies to apprentices aged under 19 or aged 19 and over and in the first year of their apprenticeship programme. Individuals who are over the age of 19 and who are not in the first year of their apprenticeship, are entitled to national minimum wage for their age.
Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Intermediate / Level 2 = Equivalent to 5 GSCE’s A*- C or 9 – 4
- Advanced / Level 3 = Equivalent to 2 A-Levels passes
- Higher / Level 4, 5, 6 = Equivalent to Foundation Degree and above
If you are looking to start an apprenticeship or would like further advice and guidance, please call one of our friendly advisors today on 01246 28931