The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. The Level 3 HR Support is an advanced apprenticeship, and is equivalent to two A-level passes.
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the end-point assessments.
In completing the Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship, you will engage in the following subject areas:
- HR Systems and Processes
- HR Legislation and Policy
- Service Delivery
- Communication and Interpersonal
- Managing HR Information
- Problem Solving
- Personal Development
This qualification is an ideal career progression into HR. For more information regarding these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email email@example.com.
If you have not yet achieved grades A-C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent, our nationally recognised Functional Skills courses are completed as part of the apprenticeship:
- The courses will be completed at Level 2.
- There are no classrooms—all learning is delivered in the workplace by our professional tutors, either one-to-one or as a group, depending on your personal needs and preferences.
- The tutors will visit your workplace once a month for approximately 3-4 hours per session.
- With their expert help, you will have all the support you need to achieve your aspirations.
As part of your apprenticeship, you will engage in off-the-job training. In other words, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This could include, for example, practical training, as well as theory and writing assignments.
While you do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, it must be completed within contracted hours. This training is overseen by one of our professional tutors in one-to-one workplace visits, occurring every 4-6 weeks for 1½ – 4 hours per learning session.
Your off-the-job training tasks are set out by the commitment statement at the beginning of your apprenticeship—all you need to do is complete the training, and record the results in a recorded learning log.
During your apprenticeship, you will gather evidence as part of a portfolio to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and development. This will cover topics such as: knowledge about the business and its market, understanding how you perform in the job role, how to manage and lead your team, and more.
Forget about lugging around all your work. The online iLearner portfolio system means all your work can be uploaded directly to your account and accessed wherever you go.
The system is easy to navigate and full guidance will be provided through our iLearner handbook and from your tutor through one-to-one support.
As part of your qualification, you will complete End-Point Assessments (EPAs) to demonstrate the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through our programme. You can achieve either a Pass, Merit or Distinction based on your final grade.
For the Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship, the EPAs consists of the following:
- Consultative Project
- The consultative project is a showcase of a situation you have successfully handled in HR.
- As part of your project, you will be required to complete a project brief with your employer.
- After first detailing the initial problem brought to HR, you will demonstrate the methods you used to gather information, the findings of your information, and the solutions you put together for this issue.
- Your project can include solutions for recruitment, redundancies or retirements, providing advice or guidance to managers at the business, carrying out analysis of information to produce a recommendation, or a larger project run by senior members in HR.
- Professional Discussion
- Finally, as part of your qualification you will complete a professional discussion with one of our independent assessors.
- You will be required to showcase any additional learning you have completed during the apprenticeship.
- This additional learning can be both formal and informal learning completed, as well as any assignments and the project you have completed.
- Since not all projects will cover all the recommended criteria, your independent assessor will also use the professional discussion to ask questions on any behaviours, skills and knowledge not covered by your project.
Once you have completed this qualification at Level 3, there are several progression routes available, dependant on your industry and job role:
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Standard
- Level 3 Business Administrator
- Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager
Call us on 01246 278931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on additional programmes we provide and can help point you in the right direction for any learning requirement not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.