The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. The Level 3 Customer Service Specialist is an advanced apprenticeship, and is equivalent to two A-level passes. It takes approximately 15-18 months to complete (depending on working hours).
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the End-Point Assessment.
This apprenticeship qualification suits job roles such as Call Centre Manager, Customer Service Team Manager, Customer Service Specialist, and many more.
In completing the Level 3 Customer Service Specialist apprenticeship, you will engage in the following subject areas:
- Business Knowledge and Understanding
- Business-Focused Service Delivery
- Personal Development
- Customer Journey Knowledge
- Providing a Positive Customer Experience
- Customer Service Performance
- Working with Your Customers / Customer Insights
This qualification is an ideal progression route for your career in customer service. For more information regarding these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not yet achieved grades A-C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent, our nationally recognised Functional Skills courses are completed as part of the apprenticeship:
- The courses will be completed at Level 2, as this is a Level 3 apprenticeship.
- The vast majority of learning is delivered within the workplace by our professional tutors, either in person or by remote contact. The only exceptions are the speaking and listening assessments, which may be delivered in a classroom.
- The tutors will visit your workplace once a month for approximately 3-4 hours per session.
- With their expert help, you will have all the support you need to achieve your aspirations.
As part of your apprenticeship, you will engage in off-the-job training. In other words, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This could include, for example, practical training, as well as theory and writing assignments.
You do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, and it will be completed within your normal working hours. As part of this training, one of our dedicated tutors will conduct both one-to-one workplace visits and remote learning sessions every 4-6 weeks, with the latter being delivered through video conferencing. Each session lasts 1½-4 hours, depending on your individual learning needs.
Your off-the-job training tasks are set out within your commitment statement at the beginning of your apprenticeship—all you need to do is complete the training, and record the results in a recorded learning log throughout your learning journey.
During your apprenticeship, you will gather evidence as part of a portfolio to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and behaviours developed over the duration of the programme. This will cover topics such as: knowledge about the business and its market, understanding how you perform in the job role, how customers affect the business, and more.
Forget about lugging around all your work. The online iLearner portfolio system means all your work can be uploaded directly to your account and accessed wherever you go. You may also use this system to access new action plans set by your tutor, as well as check your overall progress in your qualification.
The system is easy to navigate and full guidance will be provided through our iLearner handbook and from your tutor through one-to-one support.
As part of your qualification, you will complete an End-Point Assessment (EPA) to demonstrate the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed throughout the programme. You can achieve either a Pass or Distinction based on your final grade.
For the Level 3 Customer Service Specialist apprenticeship, the EPA consists of the following:
- Practical Observation
- As part of the assessment process, an independent assessor will complete a practical observation of you in your place of work.
- This observation is a chance to showcase your skills in the customer service environment and your knowledge of the customer service industry.
- Work-Based Project
- Over a two month period, after completion of your portfolio, you will organise and document a project of your choosing to show your knowledge and skills in a practical way.
- An example of this would be a detailed report on dealing with complaints and difficult situations, what actions you took, and how this was affected by policies in the business.
- At the end of your project, you will demonstrate what you have accomplished through an interview, detailing the initial intentions of your project and what was achieved through this.
- The interview is completed with an independent assessor, remotely when possible, or face to face in other circumstances.
- Professional Discussion
- Through this discussion, you will establish further understanding of your knowledge and skills within the customer service industry based on the evidence you gathered in your portfolio.
- This may cover a number of scenarios you may have encountered in your job role, as well as questions relating to the development of skills.
- The discussion is completed remotely over the phone.
Once you have completed this qualification at Level 3, there are several progression routes available, dependant on your industry and job role:
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor
- Level 3 Business Administrator
- Level 3 Digital Marketer
- Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor
- Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager
You could also progress onto a variety of job roles, such as Supervisor, Team Leader, Project Officer, and many more.
Call us on 01246 278931 or email email@example.com to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on additional programmes we provide and can help point you in the right direction for any learning requirement not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.