The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. By completing the Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship, you will gain a qualification equivalent to two A-level passes. It takes approximately 12-18 months to complete (depending on working hours).
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the End-Point Assessment.
This apprenticeship qualification suits job roles such as Administrative Assistant, Administrative Coordinator, Office Clerk, and many more.
What are the subject areas for a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship?
For the Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship, you will study these subject areas:
- Record and Document Production
- IT Skills
- Project Management
This qualification is ideal for existing administrators or those new to administration.
To find out more about these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email email@example.com.
If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent, you will complete Functional Skills alongside the apprenticeship. It is nationally recognised, and is completed as part of the apprenticeship. See below for more information:
- You will complete Functional Skills at Level 2 (GCSE A-C/9-4) as this is a Level 3 apprenticeship qualification.
- Most learning is delivered within the workplace by our tutors, either in person or by online learning. The only exceptions are the speaking and listening assessments, which may be delivered in a classroom.
- The tutors will visit your workplace once a month for roughly 3-4 hours per session, dependent on your learning needs during your apprenticeship visits.
- With their expert help, you will have all the support you need to achieve your goals.
What is off-the-job training?
In short, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This is known as off-the-job training, and could include a variety of tasks. For example, practical training, theory tests and writing tests would all count as off-the-job training.
You do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, and you will complete it within your normal working hours. As part of this training, one of our tutors will conduct both one-to-one workplace visits and remote learning sessions. This will take place every 4-6 weeks, with remote sessions delivered through video conferencing. Each session lasts 1½-4 hours, depending on your individual learning needs.
The End-Point Assessment
As part of your apprenticeship, you will complete the End-Point Assessment (EPA). In short, this assessment will help you to showcase the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through the programme. For the final grade, you can achieve either a Pass or Distinction based on your final grade.
For the Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship, the EPA includes the following:
- Portfolio-Based Interview
- For the duration of your apprenticeship, you will create a portfolio to showcase the skills and knowledge you have gained throughout the qualification.
- You will manage this online through the iLearner system, and you will receive full guidance on how to do so by your tutor.
- Once your portfolio is ready, you will complete an interview on the knowledge, skills and behaviours gained during your apprenticeship.
- Knowledge Assessment
- In short, this is a multiple-choice assessment based around business administration.
- You will complete this assessment online or in the workplace.
- Project / Improvement Presentation
- As part of your apprenticeship, you will be working on a project in the workplace.
- Alternatively, you may focus on improving existing tasks and systems.
- For the final assessment, you will create a presentation showcasing your input and work on this project/improvement, as well as the skills and knowledge developed by working on it.
Once you have completed this apprenticeship, there are several progression routes available, dependant on your industry and job role:
- Team Leader/Supervisor (Level 3)
- Customer Service Specialist (Level 3)
- HR Support (Level 3)
- Operations/Departmental Manager (Level 5)
You could also progress onto a variety of job roles, such as Office Manager, Senior Administrative Analyst, Facility Manager, and many more.
Call us on 01246 278931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on the programmes we provide, and can help point you in the right direction for any learning not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.