The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. The Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager is a higher apprenticeship, and is equivalent to a foundation degree.
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the end-point assessments.
Please note: before beginning this higher apprenticeship, you must have achieved Level 2 qualifications in maths and English (GCSEs A-C or equivalent, such as Functional Skills).
In completing the Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship, you will engage in the following subject areas:
- Organisational Performance
- Managing People and Developing Relationships
- Personal Effectiveness
This qualification is an ideal progression route for your career in management. For more information regarding these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email email@example.com.
As part of your apprenticeship, you will engage in off-the-job training. In other words, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This could include, for example, practical training, as well as theory and writing assignments.
While you do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, it must be completed within contracted hours. This training is overseen by one of our professional tutors in one-to-one workplace visits, occurring every 4-6 weeks for 1½ – 4 hours per learning session.
Your off-the-job training tasks are set out by the commitment statement at the beginning of your apprenticeship—all you need to do is complete the training, and record the results in a recorded learning log.
During your apprenticeship, you will gather evidence as part of a portfolio to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and development. This will cover topics such as: operational management and business planning techniques, project management, developing leadership styles and motivating your team, and more.
Forget about lugging around all your work. The online iLearner portfolio system means all your work can be uploaded directly to your account and accessed wherever you go.
The system is easy to navigate and full guidance will be provided through our iLearner handbook and from your tutor through one-to-one support.
As part of your qualification, you will complete End-Point Assessments (EPAs) to demonstrate the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through our programme. You can achieve either a Pass, Merit or Distinction based on your final grade.
For the Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship, the EPAs consists of the following:
- Knowledge Assessment
- The knowledge assessment uses a series of work-based scenarios and questions to fully assess your knowledge and skills in the role of a manager.
- You will be required to show how much you’ve learnt and understood throughout the programme.
- Competency-Based Interview
- In addition to the knowledge assessment, you will be assessed through a competency-based interview.
- During the interview you will showcase further understanding of your role and the skills you have developed through the programme.
- Work-Based Project
- Through the duration of your programme you will organise and document a project of your choosing, to show your knowledge and skills in a practical way.
- At the end of your project you will demonstrate what you’ve accomplished through a presentation, detailing the initial intentions of your project and what was achieved through this.
- Professional Discussion
- Finally, as part of your qualification you will complete a professional discussion with one of our independent assessors.
- You will be required to showcase any additional learning you have completed during the apprenticeship.
- This additional learning can be both formal and informal learning, as well as any assignments and projects you have completed.
Once you have completed this qualification at Level 5, there are several progression routes available dependant on your industry and job role, such as:
Call us on 01246 278931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on additional programmes we provide and can help point you in the right direction for any learning requirement not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.