The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. By completing the Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship, you will gain a qualification equivalent to a foundation degree. It takes approximately 24-36 months to complete (depending on working hours).
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the End-Point Assessment.
This apprenticeship qualification suits job roles such as Operations/Departmental Manager, Regional Manager, Divisional Manager, and many more.
Please note: before beginning this higher apprenticeship, you must have achieved Level 2 qualifications in maths and English (GCSEs A-C or equivalent, such as Functional Skills).
What are the subject areas for a Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship?
For the Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship, you will study these subject areas:
- Organisational Performance
- Managing People and Developing Relationships
- Personal Effectiveness
- Managing Budgets and Financial Forecasting
This qualification is an ideal progression route for your career in management.
For more information regarding these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email email@example.com.
What is off-the-job training?
In short, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This is known as off-the-job training, and could include a variety of tasks. For example, practical training, theory tests and writing tests would all count as off-the-job training.
You do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, and you will complete it within your normal working hours. As part of this training, one of our tutors will conduct both one-to-one workplace visits and remote learning sessions. This will take place every 4-6 weeks, with remote sessions delivered through video conferencing. Each session lasts 1½-4 hours, depending on your individual learning needs.
The End-Point Assessment
As part of your apprenticeship, you will complete the End-Point Assessment (EPA). In short, this assessment will help you to showcase the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through the programme. You can achieve either a Pass or Distinction based on your final grade.
For the Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship, the EPA includes the following:
- Showcase Portfolio
- During your apprenticeship you will gather evidence as part of a portfolio to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and development. This will cover topics such as; operational management and business planning techniques, project management, developing leadership styles and motivating your team and much more.
- Forget about lugging around all your work. The online iLearner portfolio system means all your work can be uploaded directly to your account and accessed wherever you go. The system is easy to navigate and full guidance will be provided through our iLearner handbook and from your tutor through one to one support.
- Professional Discussion
- After completing your portfolio, you will complete a professional discussion with one of our independent assessors. You will be required to showcase any additional learning you have completed during the apprenticeship. This additional learning can be both formal or informal learning completed or any assignments and projects you have completed.
- Project Proposal and Presentation
- Through the duration of your programme you will organise and document a project of your choosing, to show your knowledge and skills, in a practical way. At the end of your project you will demonstrate what you’ve accomplished through a presentation, detailing the initial intentions of your project and what was achieved through this.
Call us on 01246 278931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on additional programmes we provide and can help point you in the right direction for any learning requirement not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.