The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. By completing the Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship, you will gain a qualification equivalent to a foundation degree. It takes approximately 24-36 months to complete (depending on working hours).
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the End-Point Assessment.
This apprenticeship qualification suits job roles such as Operations/Departmental Manager, Regional Manager, Divisional Manager, and many more.
Please note: before beginning this higher apprenticeship, you must have achieved Level 2 qualifications in maths and English (GCSEs A-C or equivalent, such as Functional Skills).
What are the subject areas for a Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship?
For the Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship, you will study these subject areas:
- Organisational Performance
- Managing People and Developing Relationships
- Personal Effectiveness
- Managing Budgets and Financial Forecasting
This qualification is an ideal progression route for your career in management.
For more information regarding these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email email@example.com.
What is off-the-job training?
In short, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This is known as off-the-job training, and could include a variety of tasks. For example, practical training, theory tests and writing tests would all count as off-the-job training.
You do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, and you will complete it within your normal working hours. As part of this training, one of our tutors will conduct both one-to-one workplace visits and remote learning sessions. This will take place every 4-6 weeks, with remote sessions delivered through video conferencing. Each session lasts 1½-4 hours, depending on your individual learning needs.
The End-Point Assessment
As part of your apprenticeship, you will complete the End-Point Assessment (EPA). In short, this assessment will help you to showcase the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through the programme. You can achieve either a Pass or Distinction based on your final grade.
For the Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager apprenticeship, the EPA includes the following:
- Showcase Portfolio
- For the duration of your apprenticeship, you will create a portfolio to showcase the skills and knowledge you have gained throughout the qualification.
- You will then use the portfolio as evidence during other parts of the End-Point Assessment.
- You will manage this online through the iLearner system, and you will receive full guidance on how to do so by your tutor.
- Knowledge Assessment
- The knowledge assessment uses a series of work-based scenarios and questions to fully assess your knowledge and skills in the role of a manager.
- You will be required to show how much you have learned and understood throughout the programme.
- Competency-Based Interview
- In addition to the knowledge assessment, you will be assessed through a competency-based interview.
- During the interview you will showcase further understanding of your role and the skills you have developed through the programme.
- Work-Based Project
- Through the duration of your programme you will organise and document a project of your choosing, to show your knowledge and skills in a practical way.
- At the end of your project you will demonstrate what you’ve accomplished through a presentation, detailing the initial intentions of your project and what was achieved through this.
- Professional Discussion
- Finally, as part of your qualification you will complete a professional discussion with one of our independent assessors.
- You will be required to showcase any additional learning you have completed during the apprenticeship, including both formal and informal learning.
Once you have completed this qualification at Level 5, there are several progression routes available dependant on your industry and job role, such as:
You could also progress onto a variety of job roles, such as CEO, Chairperson, Director, and many more.
Call us on 01246 278931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on additional programmes we provide and can help point you in the right direction for any learning requirement not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.