The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. By completing the Level 5 HR Consultant/Partner apprenticeship, you will gain a qualification equivalent to a foundation degree. It takes approximately 36 months to complete (depending on working hours).
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the End-Point Assessment.
This qualification is an ideal progression route for your career in HR and suits job roles such as Human Resources Consultant, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, and many more.
What are the subject areas for a Level 5 HR Consultant/Partner apprenticeship?
For the Level 5 HR Consultant/Partner apprenticeship, you will study these subject areas:
- HR Technical Expertise
- Business Understanding
- HR Function
- MI and Technology
- HR Consultancy
The apprentice will complete an appropriate qualification (as considered most relevant by the employer), within which they will be able to focus on their chosen option from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development:
- CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Diploma in Human Resource Management
To find out more about these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is off-the-job training?
In short, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This is known as off-the-job training, and could include a variety of tasks. For example, practical training, theory tests and writing tests would all count as off-the-job training.
You do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, and it will be completed within your normal working hours. As part of this training, one of our tutors will conduct both one-to-one workplace visits and remote learning sessions. This will take place every 4-6 weeks, with remote sessions delivered through video conferencing. Each session lasts 1½-4 hours, depending on your individual learning needs.
The End-Point Assessment
As part of your apprenticeship, you will complete the End-Point Assessment (EPA). In short, this assessment will help you to showcase the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through the programme. You can achieve either a Pass or Distinction.
For the Level 5 HR Consultant/Partner apprenticeship, the EPA includes the following:
- Showcase Portfolio
- For the duration of your apprenticeship, you will create a portfolio to showcase the skills and knowledge you have gained throughout the qualification.
- You will then use the portfolio as evidence during other parts of the End-Point Assessment.
- You will manage this online through the iLearner system, and you will receive full guidance on how to do so by your tutor.
- Professional Discussion
- Once your portfolio is complete, you will have a discussion with the assessor.
- This will show what you have learned through the programme, evidenced by your portfolio.
- Consultative Project
- Over a maximum of three months, you will complete a written project.
- This writing will describe a situation where you have successfully worked with a customer (probably an internal one) in a way that demonstrates your HR knowledge and skills gained through the apprenticeship.
- The project will also include project objectives, scope of the work and research.
Once you have completed this apprenticeship, there are several progression routes available, dependant on your industry and job role.
Call us on 01246 278931 or email email@example.com to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on additional programmes we provide and can help point you in the right direction for any learning requirement not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.