The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. By completing the Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship, you will gain a qualification equivalent to two A-level passes.
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the End-Point Assessment.
This apprenticeship qualification suits job roles such as Assistant Accountant, Trainee Accounting Technician, Accounts Clerk, Cashier Finance Assistant, and many more.
What are the subject areas for a Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship?
For the Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship, you will study these subject areas:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Management Accounting
- IT Systems and Processes
- Financial Analysis
- Ethical Standards
This qualification is an ideal progression route for your career in accounting.
To find out more about these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent, you will complete Functional Skills alongside the apprenticeship. It is nationally recognised, and is completed as part of the apprenticeship. See below for more information:
- You will complete Functional Skills at either Level 1 (GCSE E-D/1-3) or Level 2 (GCSE A-C/9-4) based on your learning needs and prior achievements.
- Most learning is delivered within the workplace by our tutors, either in person or by online learning. The only exceptions are the speaking and listening assessments, which may be delivered in a classroom.
- The tutors will visit your workplace once a month for roughly 3-4 hours per session, dependent on your learning needs during your apprenticeship visits.
- With their expert help, you will have all the support you need to achieve your goals.
What is off-the-job training?
In short, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This is known as off-the-job training, and could include a variety of tasks. For example, practical training, theory tests and writing tests would all count as off-the-job training.
You do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, and you will complete it within your normal working hours. As part of this training, one of our tutors will conduct both one-to-one workplace visits and remote learning sessions. This will take place every 4-6 weeks, with remote sessions delivered through video conferencing. Each session lasts 1½-4 hours, depending on your individual learning needs.
The End-Point Assessment
As part of your apprenticeship, you will complete the End-Point Assessment (EPA). In short, this assessment will help you to showcase the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through the programme. For the final grade, you can achieve either a Pass or Distinction.
For the Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship, the EPA includes the following:
- Synoptic Assessment
- For this assessment, you will have three hours to complete a set of tasks within a scenario.
- The tasks will include a mix of calculations and written assessments.
- Portfolio and Professional Discussion
- During your apprenticeship, you will gather evidence as part of a portfolio.
- Forget about lugging around your work. Instead, the online iLearner portfolio system means it can be uploaded to your account and accessed wherever you go. You may also use this system to access new action plans set by your tutor, as well as check your overall progress.
- While the system is easy to navigate, we will still offer full guidance. This will be provided through our iLearner handbook, as well as through one-to-one support from your tutor.
- Once your portfolio is complete, you will have a discussion with the assessor.
- This will show what you have learned through the programme, evidenced by your portfolio.
Once you have completed this apprenticeship, there are several progression routes available, dependant on your industry and job role:
You could also progress onto a variety of job roles, such as Management Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, Financial Accountant, and many more.
Call us on 01246 278931 or email email@example.com to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on the programmes we provide, and can help point you in the right direction for any learning not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.