What is the Kickstart Scheme?
The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund focused on creating hundreds of thousands of high quality 6 month work placements for young people. Through the scheme, a new job for a young person (aged 16-24) could be fully funded by the government, including wages, National Insurance contributions, and even an additional incentive to cover costs.
- The Kickstart Scheme is available to employers creating a new opportunity/job placement for a young person (aged 16-24).
- Wages are paid through the scheme at 25 hours per week for 6 months at National Minimum Wage (you can offer more hours and offer higher than NMW if you wish).
- You can receive a grant of up to £1500 (to cover admin, training and set up costs including new equipment).
How does the funding work?
You will pay individuals on the Kickstart job placements through your usual PAYE/payroll processes, and you will be reimbursed from month 3 of the job placement start date. Reimbursements are paid in two instalments at months 4 and 7.
Are there any other requirements?
- The Kickstart Scheme is meant for new jobs only. They must not replace existing or planned vacancies, and cannot cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment.
- The job role must be at least 25 hours a week, and should not require people to undertake
extensive training before they begin.
- You will work with us to develop the candidate’s skills and experience, aimed at helping them obtain long-term employment.
What is the process, and how do I register my interest?
- Contact us on 01246 278931, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill in the contact form below.
- We will work with you to create a job placement specification detailing the duties of the role.
- We will complete the application on your behalf and provide employability, training and administrative supports.
- Job Centre coaches will select suitable candidates that are eligible (those in receipt of Universal Credit referred by Job Centre Plus).
- We will screen candidates that best match the profile and arrange interviews based on your selection.