What is a traineeship?
A traineeship is a pre-employment course that helps young people get work ready, and can last between 6 weeks and 6 months. Traineeships help young people gain an education, as well as valuable work experience.
Unlike apprenticeships, traineeships are entirely voluntary. In other words, for the duration of the traineeship, you will not be required to pay the trainee for their time. Instead, you will need to provide the following:
- Between 70 and 240 hours of valuable work experience.
- An interview for an apprenticeship or a job vacancy at the end of the traineeship if one is
- Feedback and advice for the trainee.
What are the benefits?
- Are funded by the government
- Can help increase capacity and productivity
- Can help you develop a loyal and talented workforce
- Allow you to help tackle youth unemployment
- Will earn you an incentive of £1000 for providing a traineeship learner with work experience for your business*
*You may claim a new incentive for each trainee you take on, up to a maximum of 10
How does it work?
At Apprentice Team Ltd, we tailor the programme to both your business and the trainee, assessing the needs of both parties before going forward. The trainee may need pre-employment training before starting work experience, which will be provided by us.
Above all else, traineeships are flexible. The days the trainee will work, as well as how the programme will be delivered, will both be set out from the beginning. They may also be adjusted during the programme itself, to ensure that both the trainee and your business are getting the most out of the traineeship.
How do I get started?
If you are interested in taking on a trainee, please call one of our friendly advisors today on 01246 278931, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the form below: