Accounts Assistant Apprentice
About Futurelink Group Ltd
Compton Care is here to help individuals and loved ones navigate every aspect of life following a palliative diagnosis. Being diagnosed with a life limiting condition can be overwhelming for both patients and their loved ones. There’s no right or wrong way to deal with this life changing news but regardless of how you are feeling, we want you to know that you don’t have to go it alone.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Supporting the Finance Manager and Accounts Office Manager in the day-to-day duties of the Finance Department.
- Assisting with general duties within the Accounts Department including:
- Banking – counting cash received, preparation of banking slips, coding of banking, liaising with Loomis on collection, dealing with any queries.
- Processing (checking, coding, inputting, reconciliation, dispute resolution) of a range of documents onto the general ledger such as sales invoices, purchase invoices, purchase credit notes, journals, petty cash, payments etc.
- General office duties such as filing, photocopying, printing,
- telephone queries etc.
- Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Specific objectives will include, but not be limited to:
- Supporting the Finance Manager with tasks such as:
- Processing the daily cash receipts – recording and control, safe
- storage and subsequent banking
- Coding and inputting sales invoices
- Coding and inputting purchase invoices
- Processing weekly shop sales
- Processing donated income (blue and white sheets)
- Process direct payments
- Process nominal journals
- Assist with the preparation of the accounts at the month end
- including analysis
- Filing of invoices and other documents
- Assistance with the processing of staff and volunteers Travel
- Assist with ad-hoc accounts and budget preparation analysis
- To carry out any other reasonable requests and duties as instructed
- by the Accounts Office Manager , Finance Manager or Director of
Apprenticeship Programme & Training
- Full day-to-day training will be provided by the employer.
- This apprenticeship qualification is called Level 3 Assistant Accountant.
- If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English, you will be required to complete Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English.
- The learning will be delivered by dedicated, industry-specialist tutors via remote or face-to-face sessions. The only exception are any speaking and listening assessments – these may be delivered in a classroom.
- These session take place once per month, for roughly 2 hours, at a time convenient for both you and the employer.
- You will also complete a Vendor or Professional Qualification alongside the apprenticeship, which is chosen by the employer to be most relevant to the job role. This will either be the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting or the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
- You can expect to be eligible for Accounting posts, or for a higher-level apprenticeship upon completing this apprenticeship.
Requirements & Prospects
Desired Skills & Personal Qualities
Essential: Grades A*-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent).