HR & Compliance Support Apprentice
We are looking for an aspiring HR and Compliance Support Apprentice to effectively recruit, vet and onboard candidates for self-employed driver jobs. They will also support the Head of HR and Compliance Manager with HR administration tasks.
About Delivery Mates
Delivery Mates was launched to change the way businesses transport their goods in the final-mile. With them by your side, there’s simply no excuse to neglect a more sustainable future.
Their mission is to make sustainable express delivery the norm. They want to help businesses across the UK and beyond to reduce their carbon footprint and improve their reputation by offering a more eco-friendly delivery service.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Answering job related queries from candidates received via email, text and phone.
- Managing the candidates in ATS and keeping the ATS up to date.
- Onboarding successful candidates and suppliers within internal systems (inputting data from ATS and setting onboarding tasks according to templates).
- Keeping BambooHR up to date with accurate information.
- Communicating effectively with the Operations Team in order to ensure smooth candidate handover and communication.
- Vetting candidates by inspecting their documents.
- Conducting periodic checks of all contractors database, their documentation in order to maintain agreed compliance levels.
- Preparing contractors documentation for Client and other external audits where required.
- Assisting Recruitment and Compliance Manager and Head of HR in preparing databases, policies, documents for Clients and other external audits.
- Assisting Recruitment and Compliance Manager and Head of HR in preparing departmental documents like vacancies overviews, message templates, driver communications.
- Assisting Head of HR with internal and external communications creation and distribution.
- Assisting Head of HR with conducting research on best HR practices, thus contributing to internal policy development.
- Assisting Head of HR in researching best DEI practices, thus contributing to improving company’s DEI.
- Corporate social responsibility – uphold, safeguard, and promote the reputation and values of the organisation throughout all internal and external business relationships and activities.
- Other reasonable duties as requested.
Apprenticeship Programme & Training
- Full day-to-day training will be provided by the employer.
- This apprenticeship qualification is called Level 3 HR Support.
- If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English, you will be required to complete Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English.
- The learning will be delivered by dedicated, industry-specialist tutors via remote or face-to-face sessions. The only exception are any speaking and listening assessments – these may be delivered in a classroom.
- These session take place once per month, for roughly 2 hours, at a time convenient for both you and the employer.
- You can expect to be eligible for HR & Compliance posts, or for a higher-level apprenticeship upon completing this apprenticeship.
Requirements & Prospects
Desired Skills & Personal Qualities
Essential: Grades A*-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent).