Assistant/Trainee Accountant Apprentice
We are looking for an aspiring Accounting Apprentice to join a growing team! The role involves overseeing financial processes, ensuring compliance with tax regulations, and contributing to the efficiency and accuracy of financial records. You will collaborate with various teams to support overall financial management and decision-making within the organisation.
To apply for this apprenticeship, please click the button below and complete the application form. For any questions or queries regarding this vacancy, please contact us on 01246 278931 or email email@example.com.
£6 per hour
This mean you will earn more than the National Apprentice Minimum Wage
40 Hours per Week
You will work Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm
Level 3 Assistant Accountant
Taking roughly 15-21 months to finish, this apprenticeship is equivalent to 2 A-levels
About Futurelink Group Ltd
Established in 1996, the award-winning Futurelink Group stands out as an expert payroll specialist providing a comprehensive array of fully compliant payroll solutions tailored to each client’s individual needs. With 28 years of industry expertise, they have been supporting clients, contractors and freelancers across all industry sectors including aerospace, construction, energy, and logistics to name a few.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Receiving daily bank statements, checking and registering them on the system.
- Accurately producing and submitting to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), of monthly VAT returns.
- Preparing employee salary statements and processing pay checks.
- Maintaining payroll files and creating reports.
- Delivering the monthly close process, analysing transactions and preparing/posting required journals.
- Maintaining accurate financial records and making data-driven business decisions in the future.
- Handling bookkeeping duties, ensuring accurate recording and organisation of financial transactions.
- Preparing accounts and tax returns.
- Scanning a large number of invoices accurately, organising digital files, collaborating with Accounts Payable for verification, and contributing to improving automated scanning processes.
Apprenticeship Programme & Training
- Full day-to-day training will be provided by the employer.
- This apprenticeship qualification is called Level 3 Assistant Accountant.
- If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English, you will be required to complete Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English.
- The learning will be delivered by dedicated, industry-specialist tutors via remote or face-to-face sessions. The only exception are any speaking and listening assessments – these may be delivered in a classroom.
- These session take place once per month, for roughly 2 hours, at a time convenient for both you and the employer.
- You will also complete a Vendor or Professional Qualification alongside the apprenticeship, which is chosen by the employer to be most relevant to the job role. This will either be the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting or the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
- You can expect to be eligible for Accounting posts, or for a higher-level apprenticeship upon completing this apprenticeship.
Requirements & Prospects
Desired Skills & Personal Qualities
Skills: Communication, ICT, Organisation, Customer Care, Problem-Solving, Presentation, Administrative, Number and Analytical Skills.
Personal Qualities: Attention to Detail, Logical, Team Working, Creativity, Takes Own Initiative, Non-Judgemental and Patience.
Essential: Grades A*-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent).