We are looking for an aspiring Finance Apprentice to join a growing team! The role involves various financial and administrative responsibilities, along with collaborating with the finance team, promoting best practices, and handling general financial tasks as required.
To apply for this apprenticeship, please click the button below and complete the application form. For any questions or queries regarding this vacancy, please contact us on 01246 278931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
£350 per week
This mean you will earn above the National Apprentice Minimum Wage.
40 Hours per Week
You will work Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm
Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant
Taking roughly 12+ months to finish, this apprenticeship is equivalent to 5 GCSE’S.
About Brampton Manor Academy
Brampton Manor Academy is an 11–19 mixed, secondary school and selective sixth form with academy status in East Ham, London, England. It is the second largest school in the London Borough of Newham. In 2019, 41 of its students were offered Oxbridge places; in 2020 the number was 51 and in 2021 it was 55.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Supporting in maintaining financial records and filing systems, ensuring they are ready for audit.
- Carrying out processing of authorised purchase orders, receiving delivered goods and preparing invoices for payment.
- Assisting to manage the receiving, recording and safekeeping of all cash income.
- Working with the Finance Team to make sure that invoices for services are raised promptly and receipt of income is monitored.
- Taking responsibility to order and maintain school supplies and liaising with the relevant staff to ensure supplies are stored and distributed.
- Assisting with the reconciliation of schools’ bank accounts, credit card statements and financial ledgers.
- Assisting with the administration of cashless system used in the school.
- Working closely with the Finance Team within the academy and the Trust to ensure the continuing financial stability of the school.
- Supporting in driving forward finance change and initiatives which promote regularity, propriety, value for money and best standards.
- Engaging with the team to share best practice.
- Assisting with general administrative tasks as appropriate.
- Any other tasks as required.
Apprenticeship Programme & Training
- Full day-to-day training will be provided by the employer.
- This apprenticeship qualification is called Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant.
- If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English, you will be required to complete Level 1 Functional Skills maths and English.
- The learning will be delivered by dedicated, industry-specialist tutors via remote or face-to-face sessions. The only exception are any speaking and listening assessments – these may be delivered in a classroom.
- These session take place once per month, for roughly 2 hours, at a time convenient for both you and the employer.
- You will also complete one Professional Qualification alongside the apprenticeship, as chosen by the employer to be more relevant to the job role. This will be one of the following: AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting, ACCA Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting (Level 2), IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping, ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- You can expect to be eligible for Finance posts, or for a higher-level apprenticeship upon completing this apprenticeship.
Requirements & Prospects
Desired Skills & Personal Qualities
Skills: Communication, ICT, Organisation, Customer Care, Problem-Solving, Presentation, Administrative, Number and Analytical Skills.
Personal Qualities: Attention to Detail, Logical, Team Working, Creativity, Takes Own Initiative, Non-Judgemental and Patience.
Essential: Grades A*-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent).