Finance Assistant Apprentice
We are looking for a Finance Assistant Apprentice to join a growing team! The role involves managing and authorising timely payments, overseeing accurate invoicing and debt collection, handling credit card administration, bank reconciliation, and providing support for financial controls and compliance.
To apply for this apprenticeship, please click the button below and complete the application form. For any questions or queries regarding this vacancy, please contact us on 01246 278931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
£16,000-£18,000 per year
The wage you’ll earn depends on your prior experience
35 Hours per Week
Level 3 Assistant Accountant
Taking roughly 15-21 months to finish, this apprenticeship is equivalent to 2 A-levels.
About West London Zone
West London Zone helps children and young people build the relationships and skills they need to get on-track socially, emotionally and academically, to thrive in adulthood.
Through building trusted relationships, providing specialist support and joining up each child’s support system (including families, schools and local organisations), they deliver a personalised 2-year support plan for each child.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Accounts Payable Management
- Processing all supplier payments, ensuring they are properly authorised.
- Expensing and raising invoices to ensure complete and accurate transaction processing, paying of suppliers on time, and ongoing collecting of funds and income due using QuickBooks.
- Ensuring that invoices received match what is expected and making a list for accruals.
- Resolving payment questions for external vendors and authorisers.
Accounts Receivable Management
- Accounting for all income for the charity.
- Ensuring that invoices are raised correctly and at the correct times.
- Chasing for payments.
- Ensuring that payments are posted to the correct debtor.
- Managing and reporting on debt collection, escalating any challenges to Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner/Finance Director.
Bank Accounts Management
- Bank reconciliating to ensure that the direct feed from bank to QuickBooks is not broken.
- Keeping the bank mandate listing updated, and ensuring that there are appropriate levels of access on the banks.
Supporting Finance & Business Partners
- Supporting the Finance Team with day-to-day financial controls and compliance.
- Any other duties as required by the Finance Senior members.
Apprenticeship Programme & Training
- Full day-to-day training will be provided by the employer.
- This apprenticeship qualification is called Level 3 Assistant Accountant.
- If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English, you will be required to complete Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English.
- The learning will be delivered by dedicated, industry-specialist tutors via remote or face-to-face sessions. The only exception are any speaking and listening assessments – these may be delivered in a classroom.
- These session take place once per month, for roughly 2 hours, at a time convenient for both you and the employer.
- You can expect to be eligible for Accounting posts, or for a higher-level apprenticeship upon completing this apprenticeship.
Requirements & Prospects
Desired Skills & Personal Qualities
Skills: Communication, ICT, Organisation, Customer Care, Problem-Solving, Presentation, Administrative, Number and Analytical Skills.
Personal Qualities: Attention to Detail, Logical, Team Working, Creativity, Takes Own Initiative, Non-Judgemental and Patience.
Essential: Grades A*-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent).