Administrative Assistant Apprentice
Hammond & Co are looking for a top-quality administrator to join the team and support their growing ambitions. If you are self-reliant, logical, composed and analytical with a passion to learn then this may be the right role for you, with the potential of fantastic career prospects!
To apply for this apprenticeship, please click the button below and complete the application form. For any questions or queries regarding this vacancy, please contact us on 01246 278931 or email email@example.com.
£10,296 per year
This mean you’ll earn the National Minimum Apprentice Wage
37.5 Hours per Week
You will work Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm & Friday 8am-4pm
Level 3 Business Administrator
Taking roughly 12-18 months to finish, this apprenticeship is equivalent to 2 A-levels.
About Hammond & Co
Hammond and Co are a growing accountancy firm based in Chesterfield. They are an empowering place to work, focusing on keeping their clients safe to do more of what they enjoy, whilst keeping the profit in their pocket.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Dealing with enquiries from clients and HMRC.
- Supporting the administration team with onboarding new clients.
- Answering the phone and directing clients to the appropriate team member.
- Building working relationships with our clients.
- Monitoring client compliance.
- Supporting the bookkeeping and accounts departments to gather information from clients in a timely manner.
- Dealing with client post.
- Supporting the administration department in relation to Hammond & Co.
- Payroll processing for a selected number of clients.
- Supporting with Credit Control.
- Monitoring the department email account and responding to queries.
- Sending proposals to clients.
- Booking meetings.
Apprenticeship Programme & Training
- Full day-to-day training will be provided by the employer.
- This apprenticeship qualification is called Level 3 Business Administrator.
- If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English, you will be required to complete Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English.
- The learning will be delivered by dedicated, industry-specialist tutors via remote or face-to-face sessions. The only exception are any speaking and listening assessments – these may be delivered in a classroom.
- These session take place once per month, for roughly 2 hours, at a time convenient for both you and the employer.
- You can expect to potentially progress within the business, and onto further apprenticeship qualifications, upon completing this programme.
Requirements & Prospects
Desired Skills & Personal Qualities
Skills: Communication, ICT, Organisation, Customer Care, Problem-Solving, Presentation, Administrative, Number and Analytical Skills.
Personal Qualities: Attention to Detail, Logical, Team Working, Creativity, Takes Own Initiative, Non-Judgemental and Patience.
Desired: Grades A*-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent).