Business Administration Apprentice
This role is designed for someone who wishes to study a Level 3 apprenticeship and is eager to gain practical experience. You will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced professionals in a supportive environment, learning key administrative and business skills that will lay a strong foundation for your future career.
To apply for this apprenticeship, please click the button below and complete the application form. For any questions or queries regarding this vacancy, please contact us on 01246 278931 or email email@example.com.
£10,296 per year
This may be reviewed in 6-12 months after starting employment.
37.5 Hours per Week
You will work Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-5:30pm & Friday from 8:30am-12pm.
Level 3 Business Administrator
Taking around 12-18 months to finish, this apprenticeship is equivalent to 2 A-levels.
About Clarity Homecare
Clarity Homecare have an ever-growing network of offices throughout the UK, with each office delivering a high-quality service to service users who are either privately funded, referred to us by Local Authorities or from the NHS. Our senior management team have over 26 years’ experience in domiciliary care and have developed safe, stringent and robust policies and procedures to deliver large volumes of care safely, effectively and with quality at their core.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Assist with general administrative tasks, including answering phone calls, managing emails, maintaining filing systems, and organising meetings and appointments.
- Collect, organise, and input data into relevant systems or databases. Ensure data accuracy and integrity, and generate reports as required.
- Prepare and proofread documents, including correspondence, reports, and presentations. Maintain and update various business documents, records and spreadsheets.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to inquiries, resolving issues, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Handle customer requests and direct them to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist in project coordination, including researching and gathering information, preparing project documentation, monitoring project timelines, and assisting with project meetings.
- Support day-to-day office operations, such as ordering and maintaining office supplies, managing office equipment, and coordinating maintenance requests.
- Liaise with internal teams and external stakeholders to facilitate effective communication and collaboration. Maintain positive and professional relationships with team members and clients.
- Actively engage in apprenticeship training, attending classes and completing assignments as required. Seek opportunities to learn from experienced professionals and develop a thorough understanding of business administration practices.
Apprenticeship Programme & Training
- Full day-to-day training will be provided by the employer.
- This apprenticeship qualification is called Level 3 Business Administration.
- If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English, you will be required to complete Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English.
- The learning will be delivered by dedicated, industry-specialist tutors via remote or face-to-face sessions. The only exception are any speaking and listening assessments – these may be delivered in a classroom.
- These session take place once per month, for roughly 2 hours, at a time convenient for both you and the employer.
- You can expect to gain possible further employment from the business, or move onto a higher apprenticeship, upon completing this programme.
Requirements & Prospects
Desired Skills & Personal Qualities
Skills: Communication, ICT, Organisation, Customer Care, Problem-Solving, Presentation, Administrative, Number and Analytical Skills.
Personal Qualities: Attention to Detail, Logical, Team Working, Creativity, Takes Own Initiative, Non-Judgemental and Patience.
Essential: Grades A*-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent).
Desired: NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Business Administration (Level 2) (Grade PASS)