The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. By completing the Level 7 Senior Leader is a higher apprenticeship, you will gain a qualification equivalent to a master’s degree. It takes approximately 24 months to complete (depending on working hours).
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the End-Point Assessment.
This apprenticeship qualification suits job roles such as CEO, Chairperson, Director, and many more.
Please note: before beginning this higher apprenticeship, you must have achieved Level 2 qualifications in maths and English (GCSEs A-C or equivalent, such as Functional Skills).
What are the subject areas for a Level 7 Senior Leader apprenticeship?
For the Level 7 Senior Leader apprenticeship, you will study these subject areas:
- Shaping the Organisation and Organisational Structure
- Innovation and Change
- Enterprise and Risk
- Financial Strategies and Trends
- Leading & Developing People
- Building Collaborative Relationships
This qualification is an ideal progression route for your career in management.
For more information regarding these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email email@example.com.
What is off-the-job training?
In short, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This is known as off-the-job training, and could include a variety of tasks. For example, practical training, theory tests and writing tests would all count as off-the-job training.
You do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, and you will complete it within your normal working hours. As part of this training, one of our tutors will conduct both one-to-one workplace visits and remote learning sessions. This will take place every 4-6 weeks, with remote sessions delivered through video conferencing. Each session lasts 1½-4 hours, depending on your individual learning needs.
The End-Point Assessment
As part of your apprenticeship, you will complete the End-Point Assessment (EPA). In short, this assessment will help you to showcase the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through the programme. You can achieve either a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
For the Level 7 Senior Leader apprenticeship, the EPA includes the following:
- Showcase Portfolio
- For the duration of your apprenticeship, you will create a portfolio to showcase the skills and knowledge you have gained throughout the qualification.
- You will then use the portfolio as evidence during other parts of the End-Point Assessment.
- You will manage this online through the iLearner system, and you will receive full guidance on how to do so by your tutor.
- Strategic Business Proposal
- Through the duration of your programme you will organise and document a business proposal of your choosing.
- For example, you may focus on how to move the business forward to increase profits and customers in the next financial year.
- You will demonstrate what you’ve accomplished through the use of your final proposal, a presentation, followed by questions from the independent assessor.
- Within the presentation, you will detail the initial intentions of your proposal and the real applications it would have to your company and role.
- Professional Discussion
- Finally, you will carry out a 15-minute presentation to showcase the work you have completed during your project.
- You will also demonstrate how you achieved the initial outcomes of your project.
- Through the presentation and following interview panel, you will demonstrate the skills and knowledge you have utilised during your project.
Once you have completed this qualification at Level 7, there are several progression routes available, dependant on your industry and job role.
Call us on 01246 278931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on additional programmes we provide and can help point you in the right direction for any learning requirement not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.