The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. By completing this Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply apprenticeship, you will gain a qualification equivalent to a certificate of higher education (CertHE). It takes approximately 24 months to complete (depending on working hours).
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the End-Point Assessment.
This apprenticeship qualification suits job roles such as Commercial Support, Commercial Analyst, Sourcing Executive, and many more.
Please note: before beginning this higher apprenticeship, you must have achieved Level 2 qualifications in maths and English (GCSEs A-C or equivalent, such as Functional Skills).
What are the subject areas for a Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply apprenticeship?
For the Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply apprenticeship, you will study these subject areas:
- Context of Procurement and Supply
- Pre-Procurement and Early Market Engagement
- Organising Procurement Spend Into Categories
- Sourcing and Contract Agreements
This qualification is an ideal progression route for your career in procurement and supply.
To find out more about these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email email@example.com.
Alongside the apprenticeship qualification, you will also achieve CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
What is off-the-job training?
In short, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This is called off-the-job training, and could include a variety of tasks. For example, practical training, theory tests and writing tests would all count as off-the-job training.
You do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, and you will complete it within your normal working hours. As part of this training, one of our tutors will conduct both one-to-one workplace visits and remote learning sessions. This will take place every 4-6 weeks, with remote sessions delivered through video conferencing. Each session lasts 1½-4 hours, depending on your individual learning needs.
The End-Point Assessment
As part of your qualification, you will complete an End-Point Assessment (EPA) to demonstrate the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed throughout the programme. You can achieve either a Pass or Distinction based on your final grade.
For the Level 4 Commercial Procurement & Supply apprenticeship, the EPA consists of the following:
- Showcase Portfolio
- For the duration of your apprenticeship, you will create a portfolio to showcase the skills and knowledge you have gained throughout the qualification.
- You will then use the portfolio as evidence during other parts of the End-Point Assessment.
- You will manage this online through the iLearner system, and you will receive full guidance on how to do so by your tutor.
- Project Report
- During your apprenticeship, you will work on a project based around a process or problem related to your job role.
- Once you have completed this, you will create a project report. This includes an executive summary, research and findings, recommendations and conclusions, and several other key areas.
- You will then submit this report to an independent assessor.
- Presentation & Questioning
- For this assessment, you will create a ten-minute presentation. This will be based on your work role and responsibilities relating to commercial procurement and supply.
- You will then show this presentation to an independent assessor, as well a technical expert.
- Once this is complete, the assessor will ask you questions regarding the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed throughout your apprenticeship. You will evidence this through your portfolio.
Once you have completed this qualification at Level 4, there are several progression routes available, dependant on your industry and job role.
You could also progress onto a variety of job roles, such as Senior Buyer, Senior Merchandiser, Senior Commercial Analyst, and many more.
Call us on 01246 278931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on the programmes we provide, and can help point you in the right direction for any learning not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.