The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. By completing the Level 3 Payroll Administrator apprenticeship, you will gain a qualification equivalent to two A-level passes. In addition, the qualification takes approximately 18-24 months to complete (depending on working hours).
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the End-Point Assessment.
This apprenticeship qualification suits job roles such as Payroll Administrator, Payroll Junior, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Officer, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Advisor, Payroll Executive, Payroll Analyst, and many more.
What are the subject areas for a Level 3 Payroll Administrator apprenticeship?
For the Level 3 Payroll Administrator apprenticeship, you will study these subject areas:
- Business and Customer Awareness
- Regulation and Compliance
- Systems and Processes
This qualification is an ideal progression route for your career in payroll.
To find out more about these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent, you will complete Functional Skills alongside the apprenticeship. It is nationally recognised, and is completed as part of the apprenticeship. See below for more information:
- You will complete Functional Skills at Level 2 (GCSE A-C/9-4) as this is a Level 3 apprenticeship qualification.
- Most learning is delivered within the workplace by our tutors, either in person or by online learning. The only exceptions are the speaking and listening assessments, which may be delivered in a classroom.
- The tutors will visit your workplace once a month for roughly 3-4 hours per session, dependent on your learning needs during your apprenticeship visits.
- With their expert help, you will have all the support you need to achieve your goals.
What is off-the-job training?
In short, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This is known as off-the-job training, and could include a variety of tasks. For example, practical training, theory tests and writing tests would all count as off-the-job training.
You do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, and you will complete it within your normal working hours. As part of this training, one of our tutors will conduct both one-to-one workplace visits and remote learning sessions. This will take place every 4-6 weeks, with remote sessions delivered through video conferencing. Each session lasts 1½-4 hours, depending on your individual learning needs.
The End-Point Assessment
As part of your apprenticeship, you will complete the End-Point Assessment (EPA). In short, this assessment will help you to showcase the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through the programme. For the final grade, you can achieve either a Pass or Distinction based on your final grade.
For the Level 3 Payroll Administrator apprenticeship, the EPA includes the following:
- Multiple-Choice Questions
- This is a multiple-choice assessment based around payroll. In short, it will test your understanding of information and the understanding and appreciation of concepts.
- Role Simulation
- This will be a simulation of your typical working day. For this assessment, you will be given resources which must be used effectively to complete the given scenarios.
- Professional Discussion
- As part of your qualification you will complete a professional discussion with one of our independent assessors.
- Within this discussion, you will showcase any additional learning you have completed during the apprenticeship.
- This additional learning can be both formal and informal learning, as well as any assignments and projects you have completed.
Once you have completed this qualification at Level 3, there are several progression routes available, dependant on your industry and job role.
Call us on 01246 278931 or email email@example.com to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on additional programmes we provide and can help point you in the right direction for any learning requirement not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.