Retail Jewellery Apprentice
A great opportunity has arisen at Baker Brothers! They are looking for a Retail Jewellery Apprentice to join their professional sales team and learn all aspects of a busy retail sales environment. The jewellery industry is a truly unique industry to work in, offering insight into realms of retail not available in standard jobs.
To apply for this apprenticeship, please click the button below and complete the application form. For any questions or queries regarding this vacancy, please contact us on 01246 278931 or email email@example.com.
£10,296 per year
This mean you’ll earn the National Minimum Apprentice Wage
37.5 Hours per Week
You will work from 9:15am-5:15pm, with Sunday + 1 more day off per week
Level 2 Retailer
Taking roughly 12+ months, the apprenticeship is equivalent to 5 A*-C/9-4 GCSEs
About Baker Brothers
Baker Brothers is an independent, family-owned, jewellery and watch retailer based in Bedfordshire. With a legacy spanning more than 180 years, our expertise lies in curating exquisite diamonds, luxury watches, and prestigious brands, with a relentless commitment to impeccable quality and unparalleled customer service. Established in 1839, Baker Brothers has been at the heart of Bedford, renowned for our attention to detail, honesty and integrity, our presence in the local community and our 4.9 Google rating is a testament to our commitment to delivering outstanding customer service.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Serving customers.
- Providing excellent customer experience.
- Maintaining displays.
- Learning the day-to-day administrative tasks, including till work.
- Exhibiting brand awareness.
- Handling after-sales duties.
- Undertaking industry-specific training.
Apprenticeship Programme & Training
- Full day-to-day training will be provided by the employer.
- This apprenticeship qualification is called Level 2 Retailer.
- If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English, you will be required to complete Level 1 Functional Skills maths and English.
- The learning will be delivered by dedicated, industry-specialist tutors via remote or face-to-face sessions. The only exception are any speaking and listening assessments – these may be delivered in a classroom.
- These session take place once per month, for roughly 2 hours, at a time convenient for both you and the employer.
- You can expect to gain further employment in the business, or progress onto a higher-level apprenticeship for the right candidate, upon completing your programme.
Requirements & Prospects
Desired Skills & Personal Qualities
Skills: Communication, ICT, Organisation, Customer Care, Problem-Solving, Presentation, Administrative, Number and Analytical Skills.
Personal Qualities: Attention to Detail, Logical, Team Working, Creativity, Takes Own Initiative, Non-Judgemental and Patience.
Essential: Grades A*-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent).