The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. By completing the Level 3 Retail Team Leader apprenticeship, you will gain a qualification equivalent to two A-level passes. It takes approximately 18 months to complete (depending on working hours).
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the End-Point Assessment.
This apprenticeship qualification suits job roles such as Store Manager, Shift Manager, Supervisor, Team Leader, and many more.
What are the subject areas for a Level 3 Retail Team Leader apprenticeship?
For the Level 3 Retail Team Leader apprenticeship, you will study these subject areas:
- Developing Self and Others
- Team Performance
This qualification is an ideal progression route for your career in leadership and management within a retail setting.
To find out more about these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email email@example.com.
If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent, you will complete Functional Skills alongside the apprenticeship. It is nationally recognised, and is completed as part of the apprenticeship. See below for more information:
- You will complete Functional Skills at Level 2 (GCSE A-C/9-4) as this is a Level 3 apprenticeship qualification.
- Most learning is delivered within the workplace by our tutors, either in person or by online learning. The only exceptions are the speaking and listening assessments, which may be delivered in a classroom.
- The tutors will visit your workplace once a month for roughly 3-4 hours per session, dependent on your learning needs during your apprenticeship visits.
- With their expert help, you will have all the support you need to achieve your goals.
What is off-the-job training?
In short, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This is known as off-the-job training, and could include a variety of tasks. For example, practical training, theory tests and writing tests would all count as off-the-job training.
You do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, and you will complete it within your normal working hours. As part of this training, one of our tutors will conduct both one-to-one workplace visits and remote learning sessions. This will take place every 4-6 weeks, with remote sessions delivered through video conferencing. Each session lasts 1½-4 hours, depending on your individual learning needs.
The End-Point Assessment
As part of your apprenticeship, you will complete the End-Point Assessment (EPA). In short, this assessment will help you to showcase the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through the programme. You can achieve either a Pass or Distinction.
For the Level 3 Retail Team Leader apprenticeship, the EPA includes the following:
- On-Demand Assessment
This will be both a series of multiple choice questions, as well as scenario based questions on your knowledge and skills gained through the duration of the apprenticeship and around your day-to-day job role.
This will be completed on-screen, unless individual assessment needs dictate a suitable alternative method.
- Retail Business Project
This could be a project to identify a potential cost saving for the business through improving efficiency, reducing waste or finding alternative ways of working to achieve business objects.
It will include a research proposal, as well as a presentation. The presentation is delivered face-to-face.
- Professional Discussion
- Finally, as part of your qualification you will complete a professional discussion with one of our independent assessors.
- You will showcase any additional learning you have completed during the apprenticeship.
- This additional learning can be both formal and informal learning, as well as any assignments and projects you have completed.
Once you have completed this qualification at Level 3, there are several progression routes available, dependant on your industry and job role:
Call us on 01246 278931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on additional programmes we provide and can help point you in the right direction for any learning requirement not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.