The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. By completing the Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship, you will gain a qualification equivalent to two A-level passes. It takes approximately 12-18 months to complete (depending on working hours).
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the End-Point Assessment.
This apprenticeship qualification suits job roles such as HR Administrator, HR Assistant, Human Resources Partner, and many more.
For the Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship, you will study these subject areas:
- HR Systems and Processes
- HR Legislation and Policy
- Service Delivery
- Communication and Interpersonal
- Managing HR Information
- Problem Solving
- Personal Development
This qualification is ideal for existing HR professionals/managers, as well as those new to HR roles.
For more information regarding these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email email@example.com.
If you do not have grades A-C/9-4 in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent, you will complete Functional Skills alongside the apprenticeship. It is nationally recognised, and is completed as part of the apprenticeship. See below for more information:
- You will complete Functional Skills at Level 2 (GCSE A-C/9-4) as this is a Level 3 apprenticeship qualification.
- Most learning is delivered within the workplace by our tutors, either in person or by online learning. The only exceptions are the speaking and listening assessments, which may be delivered in a classroom.
- The tutors will visit your workplace once a month for roughly 3-4 hours per session, dependent on your learning needs during your apprenticeship visits.
- With their expert help, you will have all the support you need to achieve your goals.
What is off-the-job training?
In short, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This is known as off-the-job training, and could include a variety of tasks. For example, practical training, theory tests and writing tests would all count as off-the-job training.
You do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, and you will complete it within your normal working hours. As part of this training, one of our tutors will conduct both one-to-one workplace visits and remote learning sessions. This will take place every 4-6 weeks, with remote sessions delivered through video conferencing. Each session lasts 1½-4 hours, depending on your individual learning needs.
The End-Point Assessment
As part of your apprenticeship, you will complete the End-Point Assessment (EPA). In short, this assessment will help you to showcase the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through the programme. You can achieve either a Pass, Merit or Distinction based on your final grade.
For the Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship, the EPA includes the following:
- Showcase Portfolio
- For the duration of your apprenticeship, you will create a portfolio to showcase the skills and knowledge you have gained throughout the qualification.
- You will then use the portfolio as evidence during other parts of the End-Point Assessment.
- You will manage this online through the iLearner system, and you will receive full guidance on how to do so by your tutor.
- Consultative Project
- The consultative project is a showcase of a situation you have successfully handled in HR.
- As part of your project, you will complete a project brief with your employer.
- After first detailing the initial problem brought to HR, you will demonstrate the methods you used to gather information, the findings of your information, and the solutions you put together for this issue.
- Your project can include solutions for in many areas, including recruitment, redundancies or retirements, providing advice or guidance to managers at the business, and more.
- Professional Discussion
- Finally, as part of your qualification you will complete a professional discussion with one of our independent assessors.
- You will discuss knowledge, skills and behaviours that may have not been captured within the project, and you will showcase any additional learning you have completed during the apprenticeship.
- This additional learning can be both formal and informal learning completed, as well as any assignments (including the Consultative Project).
Once you have completed this qualification at Level 3, there are several progression routes available, dependant on your industry and job role:
You could also progress onto a variety of job roles, such as Senior HR Advisor, Senior HR Business Partner, Senior HR Officer, and many more.
Call us on 01246 278931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on additional programmes we provide and can help point you in the right direction for any learning requirement not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.