The apprenticeship standards are a new in-depth way of gaining qualifications in your chosen job role. The Level 2 Production Chef is an intermediate apprenticeship, and is equivalent to five GCSEs at grades A-C.
As part of the apprenticeship you will engage in off-the-job training, create a portfolio of evidence, and complete the end-point assessments.
In completing the Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship, you will engage in the following subject areas:
- Kitchen Operations
- Business / Commercial
- Legal and Governance
This qualification is ideal to get you started on your career in hospitality—no previous qualifications required. For more information regarding these subject areas, give us a call on 01246 278931, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not yet achieved grades A-C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent, our nationally recognised Functional Skills courses are completed as part of the apprenticeship:
- The courses will be completed at either Level 1 or Level 2, depending on your learning requirements.
- There are no classrooms—all learning is delivered in the workplace by our professional tutors, either one-to-one or as a group, depending on your personal needs and preferences.
- The tutors will visit your workplace once a month for approximately 3-4 hours per session.
- With their expert help, you will have all the support you need to achieve your aspirations.
As part of your apprenticeship, you will engage in off-the-job training. In other words, for 20% of your apprenticeship, you must have time away from your regular duties to engage in training related to your post. This could include, for example, practical training, as well as theory and writing assignments.
While you do not need to visit a classroom to complete off-the-job training, it must be completed within contracted hours. This training is overseen by one of our professional tutors in one-to-one workplace visits, occurring every 4-6 weeks for 1½ – 4 hours per learning session.
Your off-the-job training tasks are set out by the commitment statement at the beginning of your apprenticeship—all you need to do is complete the training, and record the results in a recorded learning log.
During your apprenticeship, you will gather evidence as part of a portfolio to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and development. This will cover topics such as: knowledge about the kitchen and its operation, understanding how you prepare and use food, how you effectively use kitchen tools, and more.
Forget about lugging around all your work. The online iLearner portfolio system means all your work can be uploaded directly to your account and accessed wherever you go.
The system is easy to navigate and full guidance will be provided through our iLearner handbook and from your tutor through one-to-one support.
As part of your qualification, you will complete End-Point Assessments (EPAs) to demonstrate the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have developed through our programme. You can achieve either a Pass, Merit or Distinction based on your final grade.
For the Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship, the EPAs consist of the following:
- On-Demand Assessment
- The on-demand assessment comprises of a multiple choice assessment to cover all options of the production chef standard and scenario-based questions that are relevant to you.
- This can be taken both online and in the workplace, if needed. No need to travel.
- Practical Observation
- The practical observation gives you the chance to showcase your skills and knowledge as part of the assessment.
- An independent assessor will observe you during initial food preparation and continuing through into food service.
- Professional Discussion
- The final component of the end-point assessment is the professional discussion.
- This is a final interview to see what knowledge and skills you have developed during your qualification, and is a chance to show your understanding of the industry.
Once you have completed this qualification at Level 2, there are several progression routes available, dependant on your industry and job role:
- Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor
- Level 3 Digital Marketer
- Level 3 Business Administrator
- Level 3 HR Support
Call us on 01246 278931 or email email@example.com to check availability and for further advice about the next steps. Our team will be happy to advise you on additional programmes we provide and can help point you in the right direction for any learning requirement not delivered by Apprentice Team Ltd.